Flutist and Flute Instructor
ALSO TEACHING ONLINE THROUGH FACETIME AND ZOOM
Irene Pruzan is a flute teacher in Orlando, Florida who offers lessons in both flute and piccolo. Irene's Flute Studio students range from age 7 through adults. Irene loves working with students of all ages and levels with different personal goals and aspirations.
Since taking up residence in Florida she has served as a Board Member, Program Chair, Vice President, President, and Board Chair of the Florida Flute Association. She teaches at Osceola County School for the Arts, the University of Central Florida’s summer flute camps, and is a member of the National Flute Association’s Pedagogy Committee. See the Resume page for more information.
Congratulations to the many students who received a superior at solo and ensemble and were selected to go to the state level. Also congratulations to students who won auditions to play in All-State, Orange and Osceola All-Counties, The Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra, and the Florida Flute Association competitions. Check out the Student Accomplishments page for more information.
Highlights of the National Flute Convention
Over 3000 people gathered in Phoenix to celebrate the 51th anniversary of the National Flute Association August 2-6, 2023. There were so many events scheduled simultaneously that it was a challenge to decide what to attend. Some of the highlights included:
- Hearing the winner of the Young Artists Competition David Silva.
- A 300 year tour with 9 flutes listening and seeing the development of our instrument.
- A virtual tour of Phoenix landmarks including the Music Instrument Museum and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Talliesin West.
- Enjoying tribute concerts including a performance for Jim Walker, who is retiring after teaching for many years at the University of Southern California, my Alma Mater.
- Bart Feller’s performance on the final concert playing Lecuonerias by Paquito D’Rivera, which he will reprise as the guest artist at the Florida Flute Convention in Orlando the end of January.
- Visiting a special exhibit of Native American flutes and hearing performances of Carlos Nakai (Native American flute), Deepak Ram (Bansuri flute from India), and Kodo Araki (Shakuhachi Japanese flute).
- Seeing masterclasses, teaching workshops, exhibitors of flutes, music and accessories, and incredible performances.
The 2024 Florida Flute Convention will be held on January 26- 28 in Orlando. Bart Feller, the featured guest artist, is Principal flutist of the New Jersey Symphony, the New York City Opera and Santa Fe Opera Orchestra and teaches at Juilliard Prep and is a Professor of Flute at Rutgers University. Friday night soloists will feature Angela Muller, Northern Florida music educator, conductor and performer and Marie Schwartz, Southern Florida flutist, conductor and composer. More information is on the convention page of the FFA website: